How To Prevent Hair Damage from A Weave or Extensions ?
To prevent hair damage from a weave or extensions, dermatologists recommend the following tips:
- Get your natural hair in good shape.It’s important to take care of your natural hair before getting a weave or extensions. Make sure your hair is clean and free of buildup from products like hairspray. Use conditioner to keep your hair moisturized and strong. Continue to follow this hair care routine during and in between wearing a weave or extensions to keep your hair healthy.
- See a professional stylist. You should get your weave or extensions done by a professional. Pay attention when they are working, if you feel pain or have a headache, the hairstyle is too tight, ask your stylist to loosen the affected area.
- Keep your hairstyle clean. Wash your hair as often as needed for your hair type. If you are wearing clip-in extensions, remove them before washing your natural hair. Use a gentle, moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to keep your scalp clean and hydrated.
- Protect your edges. Your edges — the wispy baby hairs that grow around your hairline — are very fragile. Take care of this delicate hair by only using water-based styling gels and moisturizing it with conditioner. Avoid using heated styling tools as much as possible.
- Switch up your hairstyle. To maintain healthy hair, it’s important to give your hair a break from a weave or extensions. Wear these styles for two or three months at most, then give your hair a break by switching to a hairstyle without them.
Remember, how you style your hair and the products you use can go a long way in maintaining healthy hair.
Related Easyouth Blogs
Leave a comment